- the oldest and largest Chapter in the Alumni Association, founded in 1898 with around 600 dues-paying members currently. Because of this, we're known as the Alpha Chapter!
- everywhere! Pittsburgh is saturated with Penn Staters from all walks of life, making us a great networking resource for new graduates or ones just looking to make a change.
- committed to philanthropy and volunteerism, benefiting both Penn State and local charities. Fundraising efforts contribute to our endowed Chappie Hill Memorial Scholarship, which is given annually to area Penn State students in need. We have a dedicated THON Alumni Committee as well as a Community Service Director which allows us to support The Blue White Ball, Pittsburgh's premier THON fundraising gala as well as local causes like the WDVE Rocks for Children’s Radiothon, Special Olympics of PA, and The American Cancer Society.
- social, sponsoring game watch parties and happy hour socials, attending Pirates/Penguins games, hosting an annual family day at The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, and more!
- supportive of Allegheny County's Commonwealth Campus location in McKeesport, Penn State Greater Allegheny. We frequently co-sponsor events and donate to their fundraising efforts.
GROUP OF DISTINCTION
Affiliate groups named as a “Group of Distinction” have served in several different programmatic categories, including career networking, social interaction and fellowship, supporting students, and leading THON-related activities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Group of Distinction at the Elm Level for 2021!